Monday, January 19, 2009

Peace Lover

Another day another dollar and one more blog entry


So you all know that I'm a peace loving brother. I try not to have arguments or keep grudges and there's a key reason why.

1. At the end of the day its pointless
AND
2. this following story....


It was the summer of 2000 I had just graduated from Lucy Stone Elementary and my little chunky behind was excited about middle school. So my mom enrolls me in a summer camp at Umass (same camp that made me HATE sloppy Joe's, but that's a another story for a another blog entry), mother dearest figured I needed some fun that summer since I wasn't allowed to play outside with the neighborhood kids (wasn't allowed to play inside either...tough childhood). Now at this camp there were many disturbed kids like myself but there was this one girl in particular who made my blood boil. It was to the point where we would scream at each other upon site, yeah we hated each other that much. Soo one day like every other we have our senseless arguments over nothing as usual during breakfast and throughout reactional time. Then swimming time approached, I got to the pool late because I had to poop( I did a lot of pooping when I was younger lol) so all the life-jackets and boogie boards were taken mind you I couldn't swim to save my life so I was shit out of luck. Now I'm in the shallow end with the rest of the chumps and I didn't like it one bit. I was determined to get to the deep end have fun with my friends so I decide it would be a bright idea (and thought it would look cool) to jump into the pool from the high diving board into the deep end, I'm thinking "I'm fat and round so I should have no problem floating" boy was I wrong. when I jumped into the water in thinking OH SHIT! what am I doing then I feel my feet hit the bottom of the deep end I immediately panic and beginning my attempt to save my own life. As I scramble to the surface of the water I see a body and I know this is my chance to escape my watery grave. As as soon as I got close enough I grabbed the unsuspecting persons shoulder and pull myself breaking the surface of the water. Just as I'm taking a breath I hear a shriek "get the hell off me!!" it was the girl that I argue with everyday. The same girl who would jump down her throat upon site just unknowingly saved my life. This was a wake up call for me if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be even writing this blog now (oh yeah I wouldn't be alive either). Even today as I think back I cant even remember why we didn't like each other or why we argued so much but I'm glad she saved my chunky butt from drowning lol. SO since that day I never argued with her nor did I tell her what she unwillingly did, I'm sure if it was up to her she would have pushed my head back down into the water. Arguing for my is a thing of the past...well sometimes lol. No seriously that experience had me realize you never know when your going to die or when you'll need someone, so folks don't burn your bridges. end friendships, or hold grudges over resolvable issues. You never know if your relationship with someone may be a matter or life or death. Thanks for reading


Writeous Wes

No comments:

Post a Comment